Patriot Place Rewards Program Rules
- General. This document contains the terms and conditions of the Patriot Place Rewards Program (the "Rewards Card Program") and includes information describing eligibility for participation, how to earn Patriot Place Reward points ("Points"), how to redeem Points for experiences, collectibles, and/or exclusive access opportunities ("Rewards"), and more details on the Rewards Card Program (the "Rewards Card Program Rules"). Please read the Rewards Card Program Rules carefully. By enrolling your eligible Visa® card(s) ("Visa Card") at www.patriot-place.com/rewards (the "Rewards Website") and opening a Rewards Card Program account you acknowledge and agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set forth herein. Visa Cards eligible for the Rewards Card Program are detailed below under Section 3 of these Rewards Card Program Rules. Eligible Visa Cards that are successfully enrolled in the Rewards Card Program shall be referred to herein as "Rewards Cards." The Rewards Card Program and the Rewards Card Program Rules are not part of the cardholder agreement ("Cardholder Agreement") with your Visa Card issuer ("Issuing Bank"). Any Points earned in connection with the Rewards Card Program are separate and apart from any points or similar denomination (e.g. frequent flyer miles, Visa Extras points or similar rewards denomination) that may be offered by your Issuing Bank in connection with any other rewards program associated with any Visa Card you enroll in this Rewards Card Program and cannot be combined or used outside of the Rewards Card Program. In the event of any conflict between the Rewards Card Program Rules and any Cardholder Agreement, the Rewards Card Program Rules shall prevail only as they specifically deal with the applicable Visa Card’s use as a Rewards Card in the Rewards Card Program. In all other instances, the Cardholder Agreement shall prevail.
- Program Administration. NPP Development LLC (“NPP”) sponsors, offers and administers the Rewards Card Program and manages the fulfillment of Point redemptions. The Rewards Card Program is an independent rewards program and is not affiliated with or sponsored by the issuer of your Visa Card. Questions regarding the administration of the Rewards Card Program, including the management of Points and/or Points redemptions should be directed to NPP. Please contact NPP by e-mail at email@example.com or address written inquiries to Patriot Place Rewards, Two Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035. Questions regarding your Visa Card that are independent and separate from the Rewards Card Program should be directed to your Issuing Bank.
- Eligibility. To participate in the Rewards Card Program, each Visa Card cardholder, joint cardholder, and/or authorized user(s) (referred to as "Cardholder(s)," "you," or "your") must be enrolled. To enroll in the Rewards Card Program, the Cardholder must have an eligible Visa Card. Visa commercial and business cards, and certain Visa prepaid cards (including, without limitation, Visa health and benefit cards and Visa prepaid commercial cards), are not eligible for enrollment or participation in the Rewards Card Program. All other Visa Cards may be eligible for enrollment. Note that only Visa debit card purchases made without using a Personal Identification Number, or PIN, will qualify for Points under the Rewards Card Program. "Non-PIN" transactions include all purchases made with your Visa debit card that you sign for. If asked at the point of purchase "Debit or Credit," always select "CREDIT" to qualify your transaction for Points under the Rewards Card Program.
Enrollment may be completed by visiting the Rewards Website and following the instructions to complete and submit the online enrollment form. Once you have successfully enrolled a Visa Card into the Rewards Card Program, you will receive a confirmation email with additional information regarding the Visa Card you attempted to enroll in the Rewards Card Program. Please note that despite the confirmation email you receive upon enrollment, NPP may subsequently determine, in its sole discretion, that the enrolled Visa Card was not in fact eligible for participation and remove such Visa Card from the Rewards Card Program. Accordingly, you should contact NPP if you want to confirm that your enrolled Visa Card is indeed eligible for participation. Corporations, partnerships, trusts, foundations, and other entities or organizations may not participate in the Rewards Card Program. NPP reserves the right to disqualify any Cardholder from participation in the Rewards Card Program and/or from claiming Rewards Card Program benefits, if, in the sole judgment of NPP, any Cardholder has violated applicable laws or regulations, fails to comply with Rewards Card Program Rules, including any revisions or amendments thereof, or if his or her actions constitute fraud. Disqualification may result in termination of a Cardholder's participation in the Rewards Card Program, termination of the participation of other persons with the same account, and/or loss of Points prior to their redemption.
- Earning Points. Cardholders that meet all of the eligibility criteria for the Rewards Card Program are eligible to earn Points by using their Rewards Cards to make eligible transactions at participating Patriot Place retailers (the "Qualifying Merchants"). A list of current Qualifying Merchants is available on the Rewards Website. The selection of Qualifying Merchants may change from time to time at NPP’s sole discretion. Cardholders may earn one (1) Point for every one dollar ($1.00) (the “Earnings Rate”) in eligible new net retail purchase transactions (purchases less credits, returns, and adjustments) charged to the Rewards Card. Points are tracked during regular Point tracking periods ("Reward Cycles") for each eligible purchase by Cardholders and authorized user(s) in the Rewards Card Program at Qualifying Merchants. Fractions of dollars shall be rounded to the nearest whole dollar. Subject to Section 3, new Cardholders who successfully enroll in the Rewards Card Program are eligible to earn Points as of the date NPP confirms that the Cardholder is eligible for participation in the Rewards Card Program and that such Cardholder’s registration in the Rewards Card Program is complete. NPP may, in its sole discretion, change the Earnings Rate from time to time. Changes to the Earnings Rate will be posted to the Rewards Website.
- Unauthorized Transactions. Unauthorized and/or ineligible transactions do not earn Points. Unauthorized transactions include, but are not limited to, transactions made with a lost, stolen, canceled, or fraudulent Visa Card or card number; online, telephone and other types of transactions not completed at a Qualifying Merchant’s point of sale within Patriot Place; returns, or other transactions subject to credit or adjustment; balance transfers, bank cash advances, direct deposit cash advances, credit card cash advance check transactions, Automated Teller Machine (ATM) withdrawals; pin-based debit transactions, credit insurance, credit protection, or debt cancellation charges; finance charges; late, over-the-limit, returned check, cash advance, and similar transaction fee charges; purchases of money orders, person-to-person money transfers, wire transfers, bets, lottery tickets, casino gaming chips, and other similar transactions are ineligible transactions. All transactions made with any Rewards Card are subject to authorization and/or verification by NPP. NPP reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion whether a particular transaction is unauthorized.
- Earnings Statements; Expiration of Points. NPP will report on the Rewards Website the number of Points earned by the Cardholder during each Reward Cycle and the cumulative number of Points available, which is the sum of all unexpired earned Points minus any previously redeemed Points (the “Online Statement”). Any returns, credits, or chargebacks earn “negative” Points and such “negative” Points will reduce the total Points posted to your Online Statement. Points are not eligible for use until they are posted to an Online Statement. Points have no intrinsic cash value, are non-negotiable, and cannot be redeemed for any benefit except currently available Rewards. Points are not the property of any Cardholder or other person and may not be brokered, bartered, attached, pledged, gifted, sold, auctioned or transferred under any circumstances, including, but not limited to: disability; death; upon operation of law; or in connection with any domestic relations dispute and/or legal proceeding. NPP will not have any liability for disagreements between or among Cardholders regarding Points. Your Points may not be combined with anyone else's Points. However, an individual Cardholder may combine Points from multiple accounts for separate eligible Rewards Cards enrolled by such Cardholder; provided, however, that each Rewards Card must be under the same Cardholder name.
There is no limit to the number of Points you may earn while participating in the Rewards Card Program. Points accumulate for a maximum of forty-eight (48) Reward Cycles and then expire. For example, at the end of the forty-ninth (49th) Reward Cycle, Points earned during the first Reward Cycle will expire and Points earned during the forty-ninth Rewards Cycle will accumulate.
- Questions; Disputes. Questions or disputes concerning Points will be resolved in accordance with the Rewards Card Program Rules in effect when the relevant purchase transaction is posted to your Online Statement. All discrepancies regarding Points must be brought to the attention of NPP within six (6) months from the posting date of the transaction for which the adjustment is sought. Such discrepancies are not the same as billing disputes and the separate resolution requirements provided for in your Cardholder Agreement that are applicable to them. For details about billing disputes, contact your Issuing Bank. If a transaction is subject to a billing dispute, the Points value of the transaction will be deducted from the Points total during the dispute period. If the transaction is reinstated, the Points will be reinstated.
Questions regarding the accrual of Points will be resolved by NPP in its sole discretion and NPP’s decisions on such matters shall be final and binding.
- Redeeming Points. Points can be redeemed by visiting the Rewards Website and following the online instructions. You must earn a minimum of two hundred fifty (250) Points before you can request a Reward. Points may be redeemed in various amounts between two hundred fifty (250) points and one hundred thousand (100,000) points for various Rewards then available, which currently include select merchandise, experiences at Patriot Place, and experiences at Gillette Stadium™. A list of all current Rewards is available by visiting the Rewards Website and may change from time to time, at NPP’s sole discretion.
Cardholders should keep a copy of all items submitted in connection with each Points redemption claim. Illegible or incomplete Points redemption claims will not be accepted. All Points are subject to final verification by NPP, whose decision is final and binding.
All Points redemptions are final and will be debited from your accumulated Points immediately upon redemption. All Rewards are subject to availability and have no cash value. Released Parties, as defined below, are not responsible for defective items or mishaps of any products ordered.
Any unexpired accumulated Points that are not redeemed by Cardholder will be carried forward to the next month's Points total. Any Points remaining unused upon expiration or account termination will be forfeited.
Requests to redeem Points may be made by the Cardholder and/or the authorized user(s), if any. NPP shall not have any liability for fulfilling Reward redemption claims in good faith in response to any person claiming authority to act on your behalf. All Rewards will be shipped to the Rewards Card billing address. NPP is not responsible for any correspondence or Rewards lost, delayed or damaged during shipment. Cardholder is responsible for updating his/her Rewards Card billing information. No Rewards will be shipped to destinations outside the United States. Shipping costs are the Cardholder’s responsibility.
Rewards are provided "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. You are responsible for all federal, state and local taxes as well as any other costs and expenses associated with any Reward acceptance and use not specified in the Reward description as being provided. Rewards cannot be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except by NPP who reserves the right to substitute a Reward for another item of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion. All Reward details are at the sole discretion of NPP. Depending on the nature of the Reward, additional terms, conditions and restrictions may apply and will be posted on the Rewards Website and shall be incorporated herein by reference.
- Program Changes; Termination. NPP may, at any time, without prior notice, (a) change, limit or terminate any aspect of the Rewards Card Program; (b) terminate the Rewards Card Program in its entirety; (c) amend the Rewards Card Program Rules, benefits, or features, in whole or in part; (d) discontinue or replace any Reward with a similar one of lesser, equal, or greater value; (e) modify, delete, or terminate any or all Qualifying Merchants (if any), Rewards, benefits, or special offers, if applicable, or (f) terminate a Cardholder's participation in the Rewards Card Program for any reason. Changes may affect outstanding transactions and Points, and may include, but are not limited to, the earnings rate for Points, the number of Points required to redeem Points, the number of Points required for any Reward, the type of transactions qualifying for Points, the type or value of Rewards, the expiration date of points, and the maximum number of Points that may be earned per month or year, or otherwise, if applicable. Any of the foregoing actions may be taken even if such actions affect the value of Points already earned. Any changes NPP makes will be effective immediately on notice, which it may give either by posting the new Rewards Card Program Rules on the Rewards Website or via email. A Cardholder’s participation in the Rewards Card Program after such notice will be deemed acceptance of such changes. A Cardholder should review these Rewards Card Program Rules periodically to ensure his/her familiarity with the most current version. A Cardholder will always be able to tell when the version was last updated by checking the "Last Modified" date at the bottom of these Rewards Card Program Rules. All questions or disputes regarding the Rewards Card Program, including, without limitation, those involving eligibility, participation, fraud and abuse will be resolved by NPP in its sole discretion and NPP’s decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Rewards Card Program. To cancel your participation in the Patriot Place Rewards Program, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please include in the subject line "unenroll membership" and in the text of the email include your name, address, email and telephone number.
(a) Closed Cards. If a Cardholder participating in the Rewards Card Program voluntarily decides to leave the Rewards Card Program, then such Cardholder shall be permitted to redeem any earned Points so long as the Rewards Card Program is in effect, subject to the limitations set forth in Section 6. In the event that an Issuing Bank closes the Cardholder’s Visa Card, then NPP will cancel and terminate all unused Points immediately upon notice from the issuing bank to NPP of such closure.
b) Denial of Benefits; Limitation of Liability. If a Cardholder is denied a benefit of the Rewards Card Program for which it is determined he or she is entitled, any liability of the Released Parties shall be limited, in the aggregate, to the Cardholder’s earned portion of that benefit. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES.
(c) Errors, omissions, interruptions, etc. Released Parties do not assume any responsibility for late, lost, stolen, damaged, incomplete, misaddressed, postage due or misdirected Points redemption claims or other communications, Online Statements or for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of Points received and redeemed or in connection with any other Rewards Card Program activities. Released Parties are not responsible for, and hereby disclaims any liability for, any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or provider, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or enrollment or other communication to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or any website, or any combination thereof, or other errors or problems of any kind relating to or in connection with the Program, whether printing, typographical, technical, computer, network. human, mechanical, electronic or otherwise, including , without limitation, errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Rewards Card Program, the processing of transaction or Points redemptions, the tabulating of Points, the announcement of Rewards or in any Rewards Card Program-related materials. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Rewards Card Program or who are otherwise not in compliance with these terms as solely determined by NPP will be disqualified and all Points will be void. Released Parties are also not responsible for any injury or damage to your or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials in connection with the Rewards Card Program.
(d) By enrolling your Visa Card in the Rewards Card Program, you agree to release, discharge and hold harmless NPP, Patriot Place, Visa U.S.A. Inc., Visa Inc., Visa International Service Association, and each of their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, managers, officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any and all liability for loss, claim, expense, or damages arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of or in connection with your participation in the Rewards Card Program or the receipt, ownership, or use of any Reward available through the Rewards Card Program.
(e) You are responsible for all income and other tax liability arising from participation in the Rewards Card Program or the receipt of benefits under the Rewards Card Program. Consult your tax advisor concerning tax consequences. The Rewards Card Program is subject to government approval and is void where prohibited by law. Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rewards Card Program Rules, or the rights and obligations of a Cardholder and any Released Party in connection with the Rewards Card Program, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without reference to its choice of law provisions or conflict of law rules.
(f) Released Parties (i) are not responsible for the issuance of Visa Cards; (ii) make no representations or warranties whatsoever, express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose and merchantability regarding the Rewards Card Program and the Rewards and all such warranties are hereby expressly disclaimed; and (iii) will not be liable for any injury, loss, expense, accident, delay, inconvenience or irregularity arising out of or in connection with (A) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any establishments, manufacturers or suppliers offering products and/or services as Rewards; (B) any defect in or failure of any service or product offered as a Reward or in the delivery thereof; (C) any wrongful, negligent or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any other person or entity not under the a Released Party’s direct control; or (D) by any other cause, condition, or event whatsoever beyond the Released Parties’ control. By participating in the Rewards Card Program, each Cardholder releases, discharges and holds the Released Parties harmless from and against any and all claims that Cardholder may have in connection with issuance or administration of the Rewards Card, billing or other matters related to the Rewards Card or the Rewards Card Program, including without limitation, claims relating to Points (including without limitation, calculation, expiration and redemption of Points), claims relating to Rewards (including without limitation availability and accuracy of description), claims relating to loss, expense or damages sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, or use of or participation in any Reward available through the Rewards Card Program, and all claims for product liability, personal injury (including death), and/or property damage (all collectively, "Claims"). Each Cardholder and authorized user agrees to defend and indemnify the Released Parties, if: (i) any other Cardholder or authorized user asserts a Claim against any Released Party with respect to the Rewards Card Program (including without limitation relating to redemption of Points) or (ii) any third party asserts any Claim against any Released Party relating to the Cardholder's possession of, use of, or participation in any Reward.
(g) The Rewards Card Program is sponsored, offered and administered by NPP Development LLC, which is not an affiliate of Visa Inc. (“Visa”). Visa and its financial institutions have not sponsored, offered or administered this Rewards Card Program in any way.
Last Modified: November 17, 2008
This website is the only official website of the Patriot Place Rewards Program and is ©Copyright NPP Development LLC. Commercial reproduction, distribution or transmission of any part or parts of this website or any information contained therein by any means whatsoever without the prior written permission of NPP Development LLC is not permitted.